Acne can result due to multiple factors like constantly touching or rubbing your pimples, using off counter medication to cure acne or using beauty products that are not suitable for your skin type. Acne usually stays in the inner layer of the skin but because of infection or inflammation, it becomes visible on the upper layer of the skin. Acne scars can take two forms: either they are depressed or raised scars.
Depressed acne scars become visible on your skin when you lose fat very quickly. They leave marks like punctures on your face. While, raised acne scars appear on the upper layer of the skin and are often very painful to touch.
Acne scars not only cause physical discomfort but are also a source of distress for people who have them. Acne sufferers constantly search for acne scar treatment and they often waste money on the wrong kind of medication and natural remedies.
It is highly unlikely that acne scars will disappear completely. This is because the scars harm dermal layer of your skin. According to American Academy of Dermatology, when your acne becomes severe, it damages dermal layer of your skin and as your body naturally tries to heal this and repair damaged skin, it produces collagen fibers, which appear as scars on your skin. However, several options available can dramatically reduce the appearance of these scars.
How to get rid of acne scars? What is the Real Solution?
If you wish to eliminate acne scars from your life permanently, you should follow this acne treatment, which is not only effective but also gives you a radiant looking skin.
There are multiple acne treatment options, which you can discuss with your skin specialist and he/she can suggest what treatment would be most effective for you. However, for all those who have lost hope there is good news, there are remedies, which can greatly reduce the acne scars. Several natural as well as scientific methods will surely reduce the appearance of these scars and will help you in regaining your lost confidence.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars Naturally?
People are usually worried about the appearance of acne scars but are afraid to get any surgical procedures done. Multiple natural cures can reduce acne scars without any side effects.
- Massage not only helps in relieving stress but it can be an effective cure for raised tissues and acne scars. By using pressure bandages, one can reduce the development of scar tissues. In order to see a visible change, you need to massage the acne scars for several months.
- Many gels available in the market incorporate tea tree oil in them. Tea tree oil is used in many skin care products because of its properties, which heal and make your skin smoother. In order to cure acne scars using tea tree oil extracts, one should first check small part of body for any allergic reactions. In case there is no adverse reaction, you should apply this gel on acne scars and this will greatly reduce their appearance.
- Water is essential for human existence and for a healthy and glowing skin, you need to drink adequate water every day. Water is also essential if you want to cure acne scars as it helps in removing toxins from your system and also promotes skin repair. Drinking plenty of water a day reduces acne scarring and makes scars look less visible.
- Vinegar can also be used to get rid of scars from acne. Dip the cotton pads in vinegar, then apply it to the affected area, vinegar works as chemical peel and mildly removes the upper layer of the skin making your scars less visible.
- Lemon juice can also be used to make acne scars less detectable, lemon extracts are used in many skin lightening products and rubbing lemon juice to acne scars will lighten the scars.
- Olive oil is also very effective because it does not clog the pores and help in softening discolored and scarred skin. Massage little amount of olive oil gently on the scars, only use your fingertips to massage the oil for five minutes and wipe the residue with wet cloth.
Get Professional Help To Know How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars:
In case above mentioned natural methods do not give you the desired results, you should consult a dermatologist who can perform procedures to reduce the acne scars. There is a range of procedures that are provided by dermatologists and plastic surgeons, which guarantee results and eliminate acne scars completely.
- One of the most trusted treatments for scars caused by acne is cosmetic surgery. Professional skin specialist is trained to perform the procedures that fill, raise and remove these acne scars.
- One of the most reliable ways to eliminate scars is “dermabrasion”, in which dermatologists peel the damaged top layer of the skin with the help of a wire brush. Soon the skin heels itself, new skin develops which is smoother and delicate, and scars are completely removed.
- Another procedure that is very similar to “dermabrasion” is chemical peels. Like Dermabrasion, in this procedure top layer of skin is removed. In chemical peels, chemicals are used to remove the scars.
- Laser is also becoming a very popular solution for many skin related issues. Dermatologists use sophisticated laser technology to remove the top layer of skin.
The above methods are successful for acne scars that affect the top layer of skin only, but if you have scars that are deep in the skin tissue, injection of collagen fillers will give you instant results. Fillers are not a permanent cure as these fillers last up to six months only and after this period, the procedure has to be repeated.
Do not let acne scars hamper your confidence anymore. Try these homemade remedies to naturally get rid of the acne scars, but for scars that are more stubborn, you should consult dermatologists and look into surgical procedures to cure your acne scars.